Greetings to Martin Mc Intyre ( the man responsible for setting up this website) . Martin in logged onto this site from the Marina in Valencia, Spain. He's making sure that we are keeping things ticking over while he is away. Its great to be retired Mac !
Kilmeena GAA Notes February 3rd 2010
The Club Lotto will resume on Thursday 25th of February in the Spinning Wheel on Castlebar
stands at €7,500. Sincere thanks to all those who sold and purchased our annual lottos .A special word of thanks
to the club stalwarts who have committed to selling tickets and supervise over the weekly draw for the coming
Weekly 25 Card Drive
A “Social 25 Card Drive” will take place in the Club House starting this coming Monday 8th of February @ 9pm
It is hoped to continue the drive for the foreseeable future. The club sees this card drive as an opportunity for all
our members both active and retired to feel part of our club and enjoy an evening of fun. For more details contact
Pat Mulchrone on 087 1231106
Club hoodies , jackets, training tops, tracksuit lets will be available to purchase in Elverys in the coming weeks.
You can order directly in the shop or through the club. Contact Majella O Malley 087 2037138
All underage training will commence the 1st week of March. All training times and managers and coaches details will
be posted on www.kilmeenagaaclub.ie in the coming weeks
For all club news contact www.kilmeenagaaclub
To all Managers , Selectors and Coaches
We hope to run our Coaching Evening this coming Friday evening January 15th from 7pm-9pm (weather permitting). In the event of cancellation I will inform you all via text on Thursday 14th.Following the Coaching Session we will have a meeting of Bord na nOg and then a club members meeting. Please take note of what is listed below:
- Wear your football gear and wrap up tight as Billy intends holding the course out on the field
- We hope to do an inventory of all the football gear that we have for each age group. This way we will know what gear we have in stock and what coaching gear we need to purchase for the coming season. If you have any of the following in your possession, please bring them along this Friday:
- Kilmeena Football Jerseys
- Pumps, connections and whistles
- Cones and Bibs
- Ladders, training poles etc
- A list of players who were in the age group you trained last season, their D.O.B ’s and their contact phone numbers
- A valid email address for yourself if you have not already given one to us. This is very important, as we will give all email addresses to Kevin O Toole. He will then email everyone directly with all Bord na nOg fixtures. This will help greatly to streamline communications. It will also help internal communication within our club
- Any suggestions you may have to improve structures for the coming year will be most welcome.
Christmas Funat Kilmeena GAA Club
Kilmeena GAA are hosting their Annual Over 35s V Under 35s Charity Football Match on Sunday 27th on December 2009 at 2pm. It promises to be a lovely family day out. All families in the Parish anf beyond are invited to attend. Following the match refreshments will be served in the Clubhouse. It is an ideal opportunity for " new families" in the area to get to know the workings of the club . Those with younger children can meet with the club officers and indeed register their children as members for the coming season.
The will be no entry charge on the day but there will be a donations box at the gate. Everyone is free to donate whatever they wish . All proceeds from the match will be equally divided between Myna, Carrowholly and Fahy National Schools. Money will be used for the purchase of GAA equipment for each school .
So come along enjoy the fun . Numerous laughs are guaranteed ! You never know.......Santa might still be knocking around.
Kilmeena GAA P.R.O