On Saturday 7 November, Kilmeena GAA will hold a cardiac screening programme. The clinic will be open in the clubhouse from 9.30am-5pm. Each screening will take 25 minutes. Bookings can be made online, www.ameds.ie or by phone (1890 300 333) or email.
Go to https://bookings.ameds.ie . The clinic code is: kilmeena
There is a €65 fee per screening, which is tax deductible. Screening is free for anyone with LAYA Healthcare but must be booked. Anyone with other health insurance may be able to claim a percentage back at the end of the year.
Why undergo a Cardiac Screening?
• Up to 100 young people die each year in Ireland from Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS)
• 1 in 300 people may have a cardiac abnormality
• The national register recently reported that the incidents of SADS are higher in Ireland than many other European countries.
• In Italy cardiac screening is mandatory for anyone aged 12 to 35 years involved in competitive sport for the past 25 years. They have reduced the incidents of SADS by 89%.
• The GAA’s Medical Scientific and Welfare Committee and the International Rugby Board recommend cardiac screening for all players over the age of 14 years
• The European Society of Cardiology & the International Olympic Committee recommends cardiac screening.